Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What I Did Last Week

I went to Olympia. There was an antique prayer rug in a store. I thought hard and then I bought it.

The Little Silk Rug

The next day, Rob and I walked down by the sea.

In some dark water, there was a shape, deep down.

I hiked up my dress and pulled to the surface a shark as long as my arm.

It was beautiful. Empty eyes, scratchy skin, a substantial translucent nose.

Sharks don't get cancer. We couldn't see how this one had died. There was goo in its empty eyes.

Meeting a Small Dead Shark

The next day my mom picked me up and we went to Portland, and she visited me for a few days.

The coffee in Olympia is much stronger than in Portland.

My mom likes what I like: the Chinese Garden; architecture; tea-houses. We took our cameras to the Chinese garden. We were not the only mother-daughter photographic pair!

Persimmon & Teahouse

I cooked all our meals, and my mom washed up. We agreed that food tastes better when someone else has cooked. Or will be washing the dishes. We agreed that I should eat more green vegetables. Food is more expensive here.

I was sad when she left. Meditation on the little silk rug is going very well.

No comments: