This blog is an attempt to make lemonade out of a thorny circumstance: I live in a zen monastery. I sleep 5.5 hrs per night, if I don't stay up late. It takes me a month to answer email and a week to fulfill a phone date, if I actually succeed in doing so. There's a 30% failure rate in keeping phone dates, no matter how many notes I write to myself.
None of this is actually bad. It's just difficult to maintain a number of priorities in such a busy environment. Losing touch with friends and family, or noticing my inability to maintain contact, makes me sad. I could resort to bulk email, but I never have anything that's newsworthy enough. Life needs to be eventful to justify such things.
So. I will invite 50 or so people to check up on me anytime. I hope they do. I hope you do.
Love and peace,
Delia Shugetsu
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment