Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Am Two People


Expecting in the Kitchen
Originally uploaded by Shugetsu.
Perhaps it is presumptuous to imagine having a relationship with a person who doesn't know what they are yet.

But you know how it is: spending time being close with someone, especially in silence, gives you an idea of who they are. Whether it's correct or not is hardly important: there is the impression of relationship.

And so I feel that I get along well with the little one. He bustles about in response to his papa's voice; is quieted when I sing to him; rests when we meditate.

He would weigh 2.5 pounds, and open and close his eyes, if he were on the outside. But in the realm where he now resides, there is no reference for these things.

-

For me, being pregnant seems to precipitate recurring dreams. So I have dreamed the same dull dream every night for a week, just before I wake up: something doesn't measure up; there is some mild disappointment, and I make my way home from a building in Belfast.

1 comment:

chris_t said...

Wow! Congratulations. I haven't been able to read your blog for months, in fact since I moved to Cardiff in August, so I'm a bit behind with recent developments.

You and your husband are entering a whole new world, full of new feelings , love, excitement, joy and fun.

Good luck.

Chris